Friday, April 30, 2010

Heart-A-Tack!!!!!!

Ok, so now that we are safely back home here in CO, I can tell you about my heart attack in Utah. It was the middle of the night and T-Ray started crying so I went to get him and make a bottle. When I went in the kids room I didn't see Brook, but just thought she was under the sheets. I passed T over to Drew in our room and proceeded to the bathroom (cause you know when I am awakened in the night, so is my bladder ((and I always have to mention pee or poo in my posts)) ) ANYWAYS, on the way to the bathroom I decided to check on Brook. I went in the room and looked on her bed. She wasn't there. I checked the sides of the bed and she wasn't there either. I figured that she had snuck into Grammy and Grandpas bed. I knocked on their door and creeked it open. I asked if Brook was in there and Grammy said, no. Then a wave of blood rushed to my extremedies and I began a mad dash through the house yelling, "Brook, Brook, BROOK, BBBRRRROOOOOOOOKKKKK!!!!!" my voice growing louder with every vacant room. By this time I had woken up the whole house. I ran to the garage and checked there. I looked outside in the dog house and in the garden. When I came in the house again and saw Drew standing there saying, "where is she?" I almost died. Rushing through my head were names like Elizabeth Smart, Maddie McCann, and Jonbenet Ramsey. I was on the verge of the biggest panic attack I have ever had (even typing this makes my anxiety go up) when my Father-in-law came in saying, I found her. (HUGE RUSH OF RELEIF) followed by many tears and silent prayers praising Heavenly Father for keeping my baby safe. So where was she? Under the bed!!!! What?? Yup! Totally asleep and barely skinny enough to shimmy under there. We had to rug burn her face to get her out (how she got there?? a mystery that only Houdini baby could answer). Anyway, she didn't even wake up! But the rest of us did! It sounds lame typing it, but I have NEVER been soooo frightened in my entire life. I just can't even imagine how those parents cope with it, when their babies really are taken in the shadows of the night without anyone hearing it.

Anyway, thought I would share how I had my first heart attack.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Shayna-

It is Melissa, from back in Idaho Falls and debate. I found your blog awhile back and bookmarked it and check it every once in awhile to see how you are doing. I decided I better comment so you don't think I am creepy and checking your blog without saying hello. I also wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and it sounds like everything is going so well and your kids and husband are ADORABLE.

I have a blog too! duolynoted.com, if you ever get the chance you should shoot me an email and tell me more about how you are doing duolynoted@gmail.com (I am hesitant to use my last name on the web so employers can't google me...totally paranoid I know.)

Hope all is well and I hope to hear from you soon!

Lilit said...

WOW! As I was reading it I knew it was going to be a happy ending post, but STILL, man, I can imagine what it must have been like! A picture of you running around the house looking for Brookie flashed before my eyes as I read that part... and it wasn't good!
ahh.... our kids are source of most wonderful things and of some stressful moments...
How is potty, or should I say poopy-training going?

Heather said...

Ugh, I've had that happen too (well, not losing my kids under a bed, asleep! Worse actually...) and it is the worst feeling. It gave my anxiety to read it! I'm glad everything is ok!