Friday, January 15, 2010
one of THOSE days
Have you ever had one of those days? You know the type. Where you wake up on the couch cause your two year old kept kicking you in the bed and she was in the bed in the first place cause you are trying to get both kids to sleep in the same room so you can claim your own again and when they cry they wake eachother up so it is easier to take the crier to your bed even though you know that you are reinforcing her bad habits? Where when you are eating breakfast your husband asks you where the keys are cause he needs to leave for work and you tell him that he was the last one to use them and he gets this aweful look on his face cause he remembers that he let your two year old play with them last night and never found out where she put them? So then your husband frantically destroys the house because he has already gotten paid for that days work cause you needed the money by the 15th so that your car payment wouldn't bounce and your student loans have not come in yet and his boss did an advance pay because your husband is ALWAYS on time and has never missed a day and they trust him? Where you lovingly suggest that we call a friend to take him to work and he informs you that all of his work stuff is in the car and that he cannot teach his class without the materials? Where you think, "lets just grab the spare keys" when you remember that last year you were robbed and the car was stolen and the police kept the keys because they needed them for "evidence" and that they will return them when the case is closed and you didn't get another copy made cause they were going to charge you $25 and you thought that was way too expensive? Where you finally give in and call a locksmith to unlock the car AND your friend to take your husband to work and the locksmith says it is going to be 30 minutes and $65 and you lamentingly think, "should've gotten that spare key"? Where you decide to look through your husbands backpack one more time even though he swears he scoured the whole thing and lo and behold, you find the keys!?! Where you blissfully call the locksmith and you still have to pay the $25 service call fee for bothering him and you think yet again, "should've gotten that spare key!"? Where your friend is happy for you and your husband kisses you and merrily walks out the door a little late for work? Where you turn around from shutting the door only to discover your wreck of a home that you spent 3 hours on yesterday because you were sick of looking at your two year old's play pen of a house and you realize that this is way more than 3 hours of work and tears well up in your eyes and just when you think that you can definitely handle this your two year old some how magically climbs onto the kitchen sink and takes your half eaten bowl of cereal and blueberries (that you couldn't finish because of the obvious) and throws it on the floor with a squeal of delight? And as you are bawling you take a time out and get on teh internet and see the devistation in Haiti and you look at your warm stable (even if it is destroyed) home and remember, "oh ya, given the chance I'd choose this trial over that" and you say a prayer and actually thank Heavenly Father for the morning you had instead of the morning that those people had and you blog about it to release your frustration and you start with the living room:)? Ever had one of those days?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so sorry your morning was so crappy. No matter what is happening to people in other parts of the world, it is ok to take a moment and scream and cry about the frustrations of your life too. Hope the day gets better for you. And God bless the people of Haiti.
Sorry about that. I'm glad You ended up not babysitting Cora, That would have made your morning even better!
I love how you found the keys in the backpack!
I had one of those mornings TODAY too!! After a very sleepless night (John is up every two hours and Ryan has been gone ALL week.) I go out to take the kids to school only to discover that I left the interior lights on in the van ALL night long and the battery is dead! Some guys tried to jump it however the alarm on the car keeps going on and taking all the juice from the charger so there isn't enough to actually charge the car! So I come to the conclusion that I'm home all day with all the children! I need a coke! Ryan will be home later this afternoon! Thank goodness!
Shayna! I LOVE this post! Not because you had a CRAPPY morning (I'm sorry!) but because we've all had those days! And I LOVE that you can see the blessings in your life and be grateful for them!
You inspire me!!!
Oh Shayna, simply put: you are awesome! This is a great post!
Well said in all respects! I love ya, Shayna! :)
I know I'm not supposed to laugh ... but I couldn't help myself while reading this. I feel your pain in some ways (Adam lost his keys about a month ago which included the who knows how expensive apartment key, the $40 work key, a key to the Church, and the only original key to our car -- we still haven't found them, but we haven't had anybody steal our car ... yet). What is it with toddlers and their obsession with throwing the messiest food possible!?!?! I hope that the rest of the day is better than the frantic morning! Tu piedras.
Post a Comment