I know that it is a miracle that I have been posting so much but here goes another one. So Drew and I did the usually new years resolution. I want to lose my pre-baby weight (you know the weight that you put on in anticipation of getting pregnant which unfortunatly takes alot longer to lose than baby weight itself). So we started this Healthy Habits challenge which is surprisingly going well. Only problem is that you can only have FIGS (fried foods, icecream, goodies, and sugary yumminess) once a week. For the average person that wouldn't be a problem but for me that is a real challenge. So these are the things that I have learned...
--Kashi dark chocolate coconut bars taste ALMOST as good as Almond Joys.
--Welches makes a yogurt covered blueberry that ALMOST tastes like candy.
--When making spaghetti if you mix the noodles half wheat, half white you ALMOST don't notice the difference.
--Wheat bread takes ALMOST 1 cup more flour than your white bread recipe calls for and rises ALMOST half as high.
--Yummy delicious blueberry lemon muffins taste ALMOST the same if you make them with wheat flour and you do not rub them in butter and sugar in the end. (Ok, this one is a complete lie!! They taste nothing alike and you might as well eat a bran muffin and save your blueberries for a more appropriate fate.)
--After getting your 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 4 servings of whole grains, and 64 ounces of water you ALMOST don't have enough room for dessert yet you ALMOST always still crave it.
--Brookie will eat ALMOST all vegetables if you tell her that it's "white" broccoli (califlower), or "orange" broccoli (yam chunks), or "yellow" broccoli (squash) and so on. For some reason the girl has convinced herself that broccoli is sneaky bad-for-you food.
--While walking on the treadmill next to Drew, I ALMOST lost half as many calories as he did in the same amount on time and I ALMOST quit the whole thing out of frustration.
--Whole grain Tostitos are ALMOST way better than the regular ones. (not a lie, I love them).
--Pina Coladas taste ALMOST real when you switch the sugar for a banana.
--You ALMOST don't notice the m&m's missing when you make your own homemade granola as long as you put things like dates and other sweet treats.
--There is a special bond that occurs when you are looking at your egg white breakfast burrito with salsa on a whole wheat tortilla and your two year old comes up to you and tries to convince you that you don't have to eat yours if she doesn't have to eat hers and you know that if you made the deal she would never tell daddy and it could be your dirty little secret.
So as you can see, my tastebuds are ALMOST satisfied, and I ALMOST think it's worth it because I am ALMOST done!
5 comments:
Poor Shayna, the whole FIGS thing once a week sounds next to impossible. I am impressed with your self control, good job!!
he he
wanna come over for birthday cake?!:)
I loved that post!!! Good luck!!
Shayna, you crack me up, my friend!
I love it.
Found you through CJ Simonson, LOVE this post! Story of my life trying to lose weight right now, and I'm not limiting myself to the whole "figs" thing! YIKES!
Cracked up about the egg white burrito! Hilarious!
Post a Comment