Monday, October 4, 2010
what the heck in the world
So a while back my friend Heather did a post where her son had said, "what the heck in the world". I thought it was funny at the time, but on Friday night at 2am in the ER room I was thinking that very thing. I was up all night with horrible pain in my upper right back and upper right chest. Finally after many hours, I decided I had had enough and I drove myself to the hospital. OF COURSE the second I pulled in the pain went away. I called Drew bawling cause I didn't know what to do. He insisted that I still go in so that I didn't get home and have the same pain. That was a little awkward, going to the front desk and saying, "hi, I used to be in pain. Literally 10 minutes ago I was bawling in pain, its gone now, but can you tell me whats up." They were actually really nice, and there was zero wait time. After some blood work and tests, the doc came in and said, "I think that you have gallstones. I smiled and said, "oh, I already had my gallbladder taken out 2 years ago. He then said, "ya, I know, but you can still have gallstones with no gallbladder". This is when I thought, "what the heck in the world!!!!". What kind of cruel trick is that. Thats like getting charlie horses when you have no leg, or pinkie cancer when you are missing your pinkie, or labor pains when you are a man (you get the point). So I haven't had an attack since Friday, but I am really hoping to make it through the pregnancy before it gets too bad, the test to check for sure is a little risky on the baby, so its frowned upon. Moral of the story: you can take the gallbladder out of the body, but you can't take the stones out of your life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i love you!
What the heck in the world is right! ;) I hope you feel better!
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? Oh great! I thought I was so rid of those pains forever! I would have said the same thing. Hope you feel better!
oh stink. i can't believe that. sorry to hear. i am around! i'll give you a call this week.
Crazy. Crazy. I really don't know what to say! I'm stumped!!!
Post a Comment