You do not suck
You do not work
I bought you recently (within the last 2 years)
You are a jerk
Anyone had any luck with a vacuum lasting longer than two years that was less than $200? In our married life we have gone through 3 vacuums and I am tired of it (but not willing to pay the thousands for a really good one). Any suggestions?
11 comments:
I fully believe that it is worth it to pay a little extra for a vacuum that you will not have to replace every two years. Go for a Dyson. They have a 5 year warranty and are AWESOME! The one we have I noticed was on sale this week at Home Depot for $300. If you find a 10% off coupon online, that is not much over your $200 price tag and WELL WORTH IT! Kyle was so excited to buy a Dyson when we got married, it cracked me up, but I do get it now. I will never go back to cheap vacuums.
I even looked it up for you. :)
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xlx/R-100385250/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
That is how much I love our vacuum.
I agree...cheap is cheap...so good luck with that! But I do love your little poem! Cracked me up!
I'm glad you did this post so I didn't have to. I HATE our vacuum. I do an initial vacuum of the house and have to go back with the little hose sucking up the visible stuff the vacuum didn't get. It's RIDICULOUS!
I have a dirt devil and it still works after 5 years of marriage. Now it's not the greatest vacuum in the world, but it still works. I think I paid less than 80 bucks. The one I have is the Dirt Devil Bagless Self Propelled Vision. I don't really actually like the self propelled part of it, because it always wants to go in the opposite direction that I do. But other than that it works fine. Not great, but fine. But it has worked for 5 years.
I LOVE my Oreck! We've had it for about 8 years now. It's been worth every penny. I think you can even get free yearly tune-ups with it (although I never have) AND it comes with a 21-year warranty or something like that!
My parents have had their Oreck for 20+ years!
Dear Friend,
I have a solution for you:
How do you do that chore,
When your vacuum works no more?
Maybe rip up the carpet....
Have a dirt floor.
I understand the dilemma, since we recently had the same one! You could try to buy the really expensive ones on Craigslist or the Classifies if you want to go that route. We were able to find lots when we were looking that were in the $200-300 range that would still have 5-10 years of life left in them. We just got an $80 one from Costco and it works fine. Good luck! We are saving for a $2,000 Rainbow, but we're years away from that!
I don't usually get around to vacuuming while the kids are awake, so I end up sweeping the floor a lot (yes, that's how old and beat down our carpet is). Infrequent use helps preserve vacuums. :)
Shayna, we've been through many vacuums in our nearly 13 years of marriage, but I've held on to the Dyson for almost half of that time and it's been great. No problems and it still has good suction just like it did when I first bought it. Good luck in the hunt.
Pony up the cash is what I say and get a good one! We finally did and I DO NOT REGRET IT!!!
Post a Comment