Sunday, October 24, 2010

A sucker of a deal

So, thank you for all of your vacuum advice. It was desperately needed and we found a great deal on a great vacuum. It's funny though. I think maybe only another SAHM or student or young married family will understand, but I thought longer and harder about this decision and the impact on my life than I did when I decided to marry Drew. Drew was a shoe-in (don't know if thats how its spelled), but the vacuum decision was really sucking a lot of my time and energy up. But I happily report that when we finally decided and bought our new beauty, I went home and vacuumed the whole house and wasn't even mad about it!! I have also reached that sad sad point in my life where Drew and I made the vacuum purchase our Christmas presents for each other this year, and it sounded ok to me (instead of making me cry at the thought that my present was going to help me do chores!).

In other news, yes, we do have a new camera and pics but I am too lazy to download right now. Hang tight, there are photos coming.

Also, I finally reached that extremely awkward stage in pregnancy where my normal clothes are tight enough that I have to undo the top buttons when I sit down, but my prego pants are just too big enough that my kids can easily pull them down on me while I am, lets say, standing in line at the DMV. And the stage where you know people want to ask, cause it looks like something might be lurking under there, but they are way too afraid of the all to scary, "no, I'm not pregnant". So, any suggestions on the pants dilemma? I do have some stretchy stuff (and luckily the weather is starting to get cold enough that I can wear it without looking like I have been sick all week), but my jeans and "nice" pants are the problem.

ALSO, we find out Thursday if we are having a boy or a girl. Pray for Brooklyn that if it is a boy, she will understand that these things happen even if she has been praying for weeks that her baby "sister" will be happy.:)

4 comments:

Abby said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting a freezer for Christmas. Oh for the days when I got "fun" stuff. . .

As for the prego/reg pants, I hate that stage. I did the "rubber band through the buttonhole to keep my regular pants on when I can't do them up" trick a lot. I also broke down and bought one pair of cheap jeans in a bigger size. It was nice to have them after the baby was born as well. . .

Hope you're doing well!

Megan and TJ said...

Target sells belly bands in the Maternity section. They are great to put over unbuttoned pants. Or if you are feeling crafty, there is a tutorial on makeit-loveit.com

Stephanie said...

Have you heard of Bella Band? I'm sure if you google it you can see what it is...and then buy a knock off at a regular store or even make one if you have time. They are great for this stage of pregnancy and also for after baby has arrived. :)

The Kent Family said...

The Bellaband is a great idea. Also, I use rubber bands to "extend" by button-holes. It's not especially comfortable, but it works for those few weeks until the maternity pants fit well. (I'm in the same boat!)