Tuesday, September 28, 2010

what to write

So I have wanted to post, but I can't think of anything that tops just how great I am!! Brook did however say something funny today, so hear goes.

As you know we recently bought our vehicle. Well, for some reason we had to go to the dmv to get the title. Ever since we moved to our place now, we have been told that we belong to Denver county. Everything that we had at Arapahoe county got transfered to Denver county so naturally I thought that I should go to Denver county dmv to get our title. After my morning walk, I packed up the kids and headed out. We sat in line for about an hour and then my number got called. The lady grabbed my paper work and said, "You live in Arapahoe county, you need to go there... next!" To which I explained that for ALL other government agencies, we reside in Denver county. She rolled her eyes and printed something off the computer that says Arapahoe county and said, "If you don't believe me, believe the paper...next!" I marched out steaming mad. I even said something that I know I shouldn't have to Brook on the way out, loud enough that the lady could hear me (part of my passive aggressive tendencies I guess). I said, "Brook, and thats why we hate the government.". So I got the kids in the car and was headed towards the Arapahoe county dmv when Brookie shocked me. She said, "mom, maybe we can go tomorrow." and I said, "ya maybe," and she said, "that way you're not so angry". She is a wise wise woman. Lesson learned Brook, when you're having a rough morning, just give up and try again tomorrow. (Maybe she secretly reads her daddy's psych books at night).

2 comments:

Lilit said...

bwahahahaaahhahahahahahh lol good job Brookie!!!! oh my gosh, she is a smarty pants!

ps. I love your posts, they are funny and pretty much make my day! BUT I would really like to see some photos of you and the fam!!! Please......

Heather said...

Hahahaha! That is quite hilarious. And she is very wise! And we always thought we were the ones doing the teaching....