Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!!

So yesturday was Drewbies B-day. My hubby bubby is sooooooooooo old. In fact, now he is as old as me!!!



Here he is with his birthday cake. As you will notice, all of the pics have to do with food. Coincidence?

We went to the OU game in Boulder for his birthday and here we are at a restaurant called the "Sink". It was deifinitely a happenin college town hangout, but the food was good. It was funny cause we pulled into some random parking lot and asked this guy if he knew any family friendly restaurants in town. He said, "ya, do you like beer?" we both said "no!" and he said, "oh, really?,cause some people say no, but they really mean yes!"then we said, "no, we mean no." to which he replied, "well there is a good burger joint that is family friendly and I think they serve root beer." We thanked him and as we were pulling out of the parking lot, we saw him walk into a medical marijuana icecream shop. Then it all started making sense. The funny thing is that we still took his advise on a nice "family friendly" restaurant.Like I said, the food was great! but I would not call it a family restaurant. :)



This was Drew's birthday "cake". He wanted dark fudge brownies with green mint frosting and mint chip icecream. I must say, it was divine.



We actually did eat dinner first, hehe. Drew wanted spaghetti with meatballs and breadsticks. I tried to make the meat balls healthier so I mixed half ground turkey with half ground beef. They pretty much tasted like healthy meatballs. In the future I will either go with the good ole fatty meatballs, or over compensate for the turkey by adding more spices and flavor. They were a little bland.




And this pic is out of order, but this is Brookie at the "family friendly" restaurant. The gave her seasoned fries and she kept saying, "these are hot". Poor girl doesn't know a good thing when she's got it!


2 comments:

Stefanie said...

All that food looked sooo yummy. Happy Birthday Drew!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Sounds like my kind of party!!! Happy birthday Drew!