Ok, so I finally figured out how to download, hehe, we got a new camera and I love it, but new technology is always tricky for me. So here is October for us. What a mild and great month!
This is pretty much what we did all month, yum yum.
I thought this was cute.
So it looks like he is pushing her, but he is actually being pulled along and he loves it!
This is one of my favorite pics of both of them. I can't believe how big she looks. She's growing up!
Happy halloween!
Brook was so excited this year. We had halloween all month and we have already started with Christmas. I have to say that it was one of my best Halloween's ever! Not cause of anything super new and exciting, but because Brook was so stinkin excited. It got Drew and I in the spirit real quick. I have decided that holidays are 1000 times better when you have a kid that is soooo excited about it, she talks about it for weeks. I think she wore her Halloween costume 100 times before the actual day. Which she has already "tried on" her Christmas dress a bazillion times. Yeah for kids and holidays!
T was a monkey. Look at his feet. They were sewn on backwards! Maybe thats why it was such a good deal-hehe.
So Brook's outfit was actually Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, but she kept saying, "I'm gonna be a princess for Halloween!" and since the costume did not come with the ruby red shoes, and they cost $16 while a princess crown with a wand was only 99 cents it was easy to give in. So she went as Dorothy the princess. This pic also has one of Brookies best friends as Snow White. I think she pulled it off well!
Drew's costume was easy this year since Brook kept saying, "I'm a princess and daddy is my prince!" Thank you Burger King for coming through for us. Also, since we have been married, I have been Drew every year for Halloween. I was a football player for two years, and a college graduate for the other. So naturally, I had to be him again. So I went as a marathon runner! I can't wait to see what Drew does this coming year to inspire my costume for next year!
We also celebrated the mormon Halloween on Sat. at our trunk or treat. The kids did great and I, I mean they had lots of candy!
Wow, this is a long post. I did want to add that the fat-free thing is going better than I thought. The hardest and most depressing part for sure (thus far) is going to a restaurant. Luckily that is not a big prob since we hardly ever go, but for Drew's graduation, we went last night. You Coloradans will appreciate that we went to Sam's3 and as you can suspect, there is NOTHING fat free there. It is kinda embarrassing asking the waitress, "and could you do my toasted sub with no butter or oil, and no mayo, and is your cottage cheese fat free? and can I sub yummy awesome fries for a bowl of sub-par fruit?" Yeah, it was depressing. The good thing is that thanks to our over-processed choices of foods these days, you can find almost anything in fat-free. You would think this would be healthy, right? Wrong! You can easily make things taste good without fat by over compensating with sugar and salt. I am going to do a post in a while with my fav. fat-free foods, but just know, since sugar is fat free there is a good chance this whole ordeal is going to give me diabetes!
There you go, uber-long post with pics!!!
4 comments:
Shayna!!! So good to see some photos!! How great and fit you all look! Brookie is sooo big... she is turning 3 in a couple of months... YIKES! Where did time go?
Cute pics you guys! I really like the one of Drew and Brookie, too, hope you have that one framed! You guys are looking HOT by the way! I don't think I knew Drew ran a marathon either? Awesome! Love all the cute pics of the kids. :)
I am impressed with the marathon!!! You look so great cute pictures!
Yeah I've been meaning to tell you guys how great you look, but I mean man oh man! You guys look GREAT in these pictures. I'm so proud of how hard you've worked. Having only been able to lose 10 pounds myself, because I often lack the willpower to keep going, it gives me great strength to see that hard work really does pay off.
You're kids are just getting cuter and cuter by the day too!
Post a Comment