Monday, November 8, 2010
complacency
Remember a while back when Elder Nelson gave a talk about complacency and how heart patients will get feeling good and stop taking their medication because they feel fine? I remember hearing that and thinking, "who would do that?" why would you risk your heart and life? Well, I somewhat understand now. Ever since the major gallbladder issue a while back I have known that I have to eat a fairly fat free diet if I want to avoid the pains. I did good but then everything felt fine so I started letting fat sneak back into my life. Then last night I delved into 4 peanut butter cookies without a sweat. Now if you have ever made peanut butter cookies, you know that they are basically fat, sugar, flour, and more fat. Thats probably why they are so good. Well, I got what I deserved. Another long gallbladder night, this time avoiding the ER since I know there is nothing they can do about it. I did turn to Drew at about midnight and said, "thats it, we are adopting from now on". Thats right. I would rather have a peanut butter cookie anytime I want, than create life! Well, at least at midnight I would rather.(Side note, for those who don't know, being pregnant increases my chances of gallbladder attacks and my doctor said that this will likely happen with each pregnancy). Anyways, pray for me cause it is going to be a LONG holiday season going fat-free style! Pass the carrots!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you're too funny. going fat free for the holidays would make me cry.
Hmm. I've been trying to avoid fat, but for a totally different reason. Maybe I should try to go completely fat-free so that I can empathize with you more. It has been hard enough without the health drawbacks. I really am SO sorry that you have to deal with that.
I agree with Stefanie! I'll bring you some healthy treats for Christmas. Oh wait, I don't know how to eat healthy either!!! :) I'm sorry for you!
Post a Comment