Monday, August 30, 2010

I wanted it

I knew it was wrong. I knew it was wrong even before it left my lips, but I did it anyways. I just wanted it. I wanted it all to myself, and I didn't want to share. I share all day long, and the selfish devil in me said, "no, its mine!" What am I talking about? I am talking about breakfast. We had one bagel left, and it sounded sooooo good and we even had cream cheese and a peach to put on top. So naturally I poured the kids a bowl of cereal and I made my mouth-watering, creamy, juicy, bagel delight and sat down with the kids. Then the inevitable happened and Brook said, "Can I have a bite?" I could feel the blood rushing to my head as I panicked to think of a way out, and then I did it. I LIED. I wanted the bagel all to myself so badly that I lied. Before I knew it, I was saying, "Remember brook, you don't like peaches." She said, "I don't?" Here was my chance to repent and tell the truth, but as a mom I rarely get to eat something yummy all by myself, so I lied again! "No, you don't like them", and then I enjoyed every single bite of MY bagel, all mine!!!! bwa hahaha.
I understand that there are consequences to my actions, and the fact that I will probably not get Brook to ever each peaches again because, "she doesn't like them" is something that I will learn to live with!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE it!!! I'll have to remember to lie to my kids the next time they come begging me for a bite of MY yummy food, just like friend Shayna.

bb,tonya and cam... said...

hahahahahahaha....oh my that is awesome! love it!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

We all do it!!!

Heather said...

HAHAHA! At least you gave her a reason...I just say "No!" and let them cry about it...so you were actually nicer!