1. Giggles Dentistry: cheesy name I know, but they are GREAT with kids. The tech even got T-Ray to open up and bite the clamp for x-rays! I was amazed, not that I think an 18 month old necessarily needs teeth x-rays, but impressive all the same. The office is totally kid oriented and neither kid cried even once. It helped that Brook got like a bazillion stickers for being such a great patient.
2. Pediatrics at Stapleton: since we are on the whole doctor theme, most of you probably already know how much I absolutely LOVE my pediatrician. I pray daily that she will become a family doctor cause after seeing my kids with her, I want to be her patient! She is just great, but her staff is awesome too. Her nurse Erin is probably one of my favorite people. Quick story, last year when Drew had swine flu, and T-ray stared getting a fever, we called to see what we should do. It was a Sunday mind you! Well, Doctor Jen said, "how close are you to the office?" and I said, "about 20 minutes away". She said, "I'll meet you in 25 minutes then". When I got there, she was in shorts and a T-shirt and she opened the doors, turned on the lights and took us back and tested T-Ray. Turns out he was okay, but I couldn't believe she would do that for us, instead of say, "well take him to the ER and call me in the morning". Once again, I LOVE HER!!!!
3. FedEx Kinkos on Parker and Havana: well just past Havana to be exact. It's the best one. Their rates are lower than other FedEx's and they are WAY nicer. Usually a shorter line, and when I explained one of my projects, they gave me some free sheets and said, "just in case you mess up a sheet, we don't want you to have to come all the way back". Cool, nice people!
4. VAST wellness center: back to doctors I guess. Their chiropractor, John Hamilton, is a great guy. His normal rate is $35, but he actually gives you an entire 45 minutes of hands on crackin'.He also has a student rate where you pay your age! So Drew is only $26 when we go in. Also, one Saturday a month he has a pay what you can day, where you leave your payment in an envelope on the desk no matter what it is you can afford. Its his way of giving back! We really like him, and as a side note for Drew, nothing says, "I am so proud of you for having another baby!" like a chiropractic adjustment:).
5. Food!!: Oh my, I could talk about food all day long. Now you won't believe this when you see the list, but we actually don't eat out that often. When we do, we like to try fun new places, so here are some of my favorites.
Mod Market: my turkey pesto was good, but Drew's eggplant/goatcheese was AMAZING!
Mici Italian: yumm-o. They can make their pizza's with wheat crust and they are divine. Besides, when we went, I accidentally spilled more than half our pizza on the ground and they made us another one for free. Plus, price wise, not bad at all. And if you sign up for their loyalty program (totally free) you get a free large pizza for your birthday!
The Lobby: good ole yummy American food. Looks like a funky fun college hang out, but very easy for a fam with kids as well. Prices not bad and the environment was fun.
Lamar's Donuts: I know, not making our other blog anytime soon, but sometimes a girl just needs the best donut on the planet!
Buenos Aires Pizzaria: Funny thing is, I have never had their pizza, but their empanadas are delish!!!! Very much like the ones from Uruguay, and its something new and fun.
6. Unique Thrift: forget arc and goodwill. Unique is where its at! Ok, so I still sometimes go to arc, but I have been much more pleased with Unique. We bought 2 dressers, three chairs, and a partridge in a pear tree for around $20. Buyer beware though, they don't open til 10! Late even for me!
7. Chic-fil-a play area: This was just introduced to me this week, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, and kind of small, which was good for watching the kids. Plus, we packed in our own lunch and no one said anything.
ok, thats enough for now. I will go one more later!!!Enjoy!
4 comments:
Good post...but seriously depressing! I miss Denver dearly! favorite things of El Paso...um the people, does that count?
I miss Denver too!! I really miss Chik-fil-a!!
Have you guys experienced Casa Bonita yet? We went there and while the food is not that good, it's a fun environment.
This is Stephanie, but it looks like I'm signed in on Brayden's email. :)
Post a Comment